While I was searching for some information for my final project, I came across a Buzzfeed article about some things in Doctor Who that not a lot of people know about. Some of them I sort of knew already or at least knew half of the specific fact, but many of them are new to me. They are all interesting and they definitely got me thinking about the series.
Some of my favorite facts include:
- Peter Capaldi used to be in a punk band with Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson (pictured below)
- In 2009 a group of volunteers clearing a pond in Hampshire found a submerged Dalek. It’s not clear how it got there (also pictured below)
- Peter Capaldi and sixth Doctor Colin Baker are the only actors to have been cast as the Doctor after previously appearing in the series as another character.
- As teenagers, fourth Doctor Tom Baker trained to become a Roman Catholic monk, and seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy trained to become a priest.
- A teenage Capaldi had his Doctor Who fan art published in Doctor Who International Fan Club Magazine (pictured above)
- The young Capaldi was so desperate to be put in charge of the Official Doctor Who Fan Club that he bombarded the BBC with letters to the point where the producer’s secretary said: “I wish the Daleks or someone would exterminate him.”
There are a lot more fun facts and WARNING: there are some spoilers in some of the facts! Not too many but there are a few! If you are interested in looking at some of these facts the link is below! Happy reading!